#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration.
Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving.
GET INVOLVED! RCS is participating in this day of giving by offering a hand-crafted cross ornament made by a group of shelter women living in Chelsea, Alabama. The custom cross ornament has “RCS” inscribed at the center and can be proudly hung on your Christmas tree or kept in a special place within your home year-round. These ornaments will be shipped to donors who contribute a minimum of $100. We are also encouraging our community to purchase tickets to the Annual Empty Bowls event taking place on Thursday, February 28. These tickets make excellent stocking stuffers for your local friends and family. How much fun will it be to cash in on those stocking stuffers with a delicious lunch?
Levels of giving:
- $50: Provides one night of shelter.
- $100: Provides one week of food for a family.
- $250: Provides transportation for a month.
- $500: Provides one month of food for a family.
- $1,000: Provides one month of shelter for a family.
- $2,500: Helps a family move into housing.
- $5,000: Provides beds, furnishings and household necessities for re-housed guests.
- $10,000: Provides one year of rent and utilities for a family.
If you’d prefer to send a check, please make them payable to:
Religious Community Services
PO Box 704
New Bern, NC 28560
*All donations to RCS are tax-deductible. Please reference TIN 58-1553367 for tax purposes. Thank you for giving!